December 4, 2012

Challenges, Challenges!

Oh Boy! Mommy has had a rapid decline and is in the hospital with a hospice referral. The doctors say she could have as few as 2 weeks or as much as 6 months. She has stage 5 dementia, 4-5 mini heart attacks, renal kidney function at 20% among other things. There was an outbreak of norovirus at the nursing home  (a nasty old stomach virus) and of course she was a victim. And guess who got it from her? Yours truly! It's horrible! So I have to take some time off to recuperate. Pray for us because there will be no Christmas festivities, just a conscious  acknowledgement that for the love of Jesus we are able to pull through! Love, Jan

2 comments:

  1. Oh, Janice, I am so sorry about your mother not being well and you getting that norovirus on top of it all. I will be sending up some extra prayers for the whole family. May you feel well soon and I know God will give you all the grace through this trial. It's just hard to see our aged parents have to go through illness.
    love and prayers my sister in the Lord.
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you Theresa and much thanks for your prayers!

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thanks so much for visiting and for your lovely comments! I hope you enjoy my blog! Jan